Monday, November 10, 2008

Catching Up...

A friend pointed out to me that it has been quite a while since I lasted posted here, and she was wondering if I am doing okay. So I will try to bring things up to date.
1. CT Scan results: largest tumor on the dome of the liver is stable, the cancer has not spread anywhere else, there is a new smaller tumor and the previous tumors have slightly enlarged.
2. New course of treatment: I will still be getting the Camptosar every 3 weeks, but on the weeks in between I will be getting Erbitux.
3. I will be going to the cardiologist on 11/21 to start an evaluation for Avastin (which I am still not convinced about).

I had my first Erbitux treatment on Monday 11/3 and by Thursday I was getting a rash. By Friday, my face looked a mess. I have a rash all over my face, down my neck and have some on my chest. The nurses tell me, that even though the rash is ugly, it indicates that the Erbitux is working. All I know is that the rash generates heat, itches and burns. And there isn't much to be done about it. I hope subsequent treatments don't make it worse. I had the 2nd treatment of Erbitux today.

I have been feeling rather well, considering. I do get tired for a day or 2 after treatments, but that is pretty much it.

Nothing else much to report at this point. Sherri

www.Cancer.Net for info on Erbitux and Avastin

No comments: