Thursday, February 5, 2009

1+1=3


This week's treatment added in the Avastin. It was administered over a period of 90 minutes. This was addition to the Erbitux, which takes an hour to administer. Also, this week, my magnesium levels were low so I had to have a magnesiusm infusion, which took an hour to administer. So it was a long day for me on Monday. My appointment was at 9am and I was finished at a little after 2pm. Magnesium affects your nerves and muscles, so it is important to maintain certain levels. I now take magnesium supplements every day.

The joy of this all? All three chemo drugs and now the magnesium, can cause diarrhea. So you should all go out and buy stock in Immodium! Today is the first day that I am not cramping and having a reserved seat in the bathroom.

But, through it all, I still feel good, still have energy and I am still doing all I want to do. For this I thank God and all the prayers for me.

Oh, not sure about the hair thing right now. One of the side effects of the Avastin is hair loss, so the hair growth I have been so happy to have may become a memory. Time will tell.

So aside from weathering this bitter coldness, all is well in my corner of the world.

Sherri

No comments: