
They say, "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature", but she sure has been playing tricks on us! I guess she has been having hot flashes and that would explain the roller coaster ride between warm and cold we have been experiencing. I say Enough already!
My treatments are moving right along these weeks. I did notice after my thrid treatment with the Avastin that the rash got a bit more intense on my face, along with a bright red color. It also spread down the body, all the way to the ankles. And speaking of ankles, mine have been giving me a lot of aggravation. Well, technically, not the ankles, but the top of the foot where the foot bends. I don't know all of the medical terms for the different parts, but it is either the muscle or the bone that is giving me problems. Some days it is so bad, I cannot walk but a few steps. According to my oncologist it is not related to chemo. Now, she is the expert, but I have my doubts. Anyway, I will be seeing my primary this week to get a referral to the podiatrist. I am sure this will mean more xrays. I don't care what they do as long as they can relieve the pain.
My oncologist is going out on maternity leave almost immediately. This is her first and it is a girl. She won't be back until August. In the mean time, I will be seeing one of her associates, whom I have already met and I do like him. I will be able to keep my chemo schedule on Mondays, which was important to me.
Not much else going on in this end of the world. I have been getting some work done around the house, painting, new bathroom fixtures, new windows, and some kitchen remodeling. Still have more to get done though. Need more painting done, getting some new carpeting and some outside work done. Had my dogwood tree trimmed today. Tree guy told me the tree was at least 40 years old.
Looking forward to the warm weather, so I hope someone slips Mother Nature some hormones!
Keep warm, Sherri
No comments:
Post a Comment