Sunday, September 14, 2008

Treatment #4


Sorry for any of you who have been looking for updates, but I have been sick again. After my last treatment, 9-2-08, I was feeling kind of tired, but figured this will pass after a few days. Unfortunately, after a few days I began with diarrhea again. It stopped for 2-3 days then started up again and didn't stop! I wound up getting dehydrated again, which meant more IV fluids, 2 times at the doctor's office. It also meant loads of anti-diarrheal medication, medicine to stop stomach cramps and nothing was working. And I lost 13 pounds in one week (NOT Recommended). I finally took some Percoset to stop the cramping pain and that stopped the diarrhea too! Until this evening. I will wait and see what tomorrow brings and if it continues I have to call the oncology nurses. My next treatment is on 9-22-08, so don't know what is going to happen there. I was supposed to have a CT scan Tuesday for restaging, but that has to be postponed also.

Let me say this, this is no fun. I sleep most of the time (when the cramps aren't keeping me awake!) or I spend time in the bathroom.

I really don't remember signing up for this committee!!

On a positive note, I noticed yesterday that my hair is growing!!! I still can't do a thing with it, it is very thin and very fine, but it is getting longer! BTW the above picture is from June, when I was in the hospital and when I still had hair!

Yeah!

Sherri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherri, sorry to hear this. I know it isn't fun. I wish there was
something I could do for you. I will be praying for the extra grace you need to get you through this.
Love, Pat

Mandy Mundy said...

I love you Aunt Sherry!