Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Not an Anniversary, but a Milestone...


First, let me post an update as to my treatments and how I am feeling. So far, other than being tired and the ever present rash, I am weathering the addition of the Avastin. I did have a follow-up with my surgeon today. It was a normal check-up to make sure that my port is okay and to see if everything else is still working okay. I have been experiencing some pain near the original incision site and today I found out that it is due to a weakening of the abdominal wall in the surgical area. It is a common occurrence and could lead to a hernia, but if I take it easy, that could be avoided.
As for the milestone, it is one year ago today that I was diagnosed with cancer. It is interesting to relfect on how my life has changed since that day a year ago. I cannot even begin to put into words all the changes in my life, attitude, and outlook. Believe it or not, it has been mostly for the good.
I look forward to the coming year and all I have planned.
Thank you to everyone who has prayed for me. Please continue with your prayers, they mean so very much and have so much power!
Keep smiling, Sherri

1 comment:

Robin said...

With the exception of a few time, the year has been remarkable. At least I think so if you look at what it could have been. Your detemination, as always, is admired.

Love You, Robin