
For those of you who read this post or talk to me, you know that I was evaluated for a Phase II Clinical Trial for a new drug for cancer. I did not qualify for the trial due to not having a microsatellite instability in my DNA. So as of today, I waded into unsure waters by going back on 5fu with the pump. Last year 5fu infusions left me dehydrated and in the hospital so the doctor stopped it. Since then, up to today I was receiving avastin, erbitux and camptosar. They weren't working. So back to square one, but very closely monitored! I will go to the office evry other week for an infusion of Leucovorin, Avastin and 5FU then before I leave the office the nurse will hook me up to a portable chemo pump that I will wear continuously for the next 2 days at which time the visiting nurse will remove the pump. I can't shower while the pump is connected, but I can live with that. I am happy that the Erbitux is done and so is the Benadryl that keeps me awake! So keep me in your prayers still because of as today this is the last treatment option available to me.
The picture on the right is what the pump looks like, it the size of a small baby bottle. You can clip it to your clothing or put it in your pocket or carry it in a fanny pack.
Sherri ( I have supplied links to the drugs I am on if you care to read about them)
1 comment:
In my prayers every single day!!
Love You, Robin
Post a Comment