Monday, June 23, 2008

A Little Levity Please!


Sometimes I get bogged down in seriousness, not that cancer isn't serious. But sometimes, you just have to let it go and find some humor or you will drive yourself crazy. In my case that could be a short putt! Just like when the doctors ask me if I am experiencing light headness or dizziness, I have to tell them that the dizziness is considered questionable by many who know me.
So I decided that I would take some time and write something light hearted and maybe even a bit funny. I know it will lift my spirits and I hope it lifts yours also.
Several years ago I was fortunate to come across a Book entitled, Pack Up Your Gloomies in a Great Big Box, then sit on the lid and laugh! It is written by Barbara Johnson. If you haven't read her, or even heard of her, I highly recommend searching her out.
so here are some Gloomee Busters:
1. Have you ever felt that even though you're taking things one day at a time, it's about 24
hours more than you can take?
2. Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.
3. If you can remain calm, you just don't have all the facts.
4. The soul would have no rainbows if the eyes had no tears.
5. God never has too say "Ooops".
6. If it's free, it's advice, if you pay for it, it's counseling, if you can use either one, it's a miracle!
7. Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, It's not!
8. But even Kings can't rule the sky.
9. If you can't go around it, over it or through it, you had better negotiate with it!
I can't keep people from feeling sad, depressed or feeling sorry for me or themselves. What I can do is offer insight into what is happening with me and offer "Gloomee Busters" every now and then.
Until the next time, remember, Always Take Your Rainbow With You!
Sherri

No comments: