Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Party Time - Chemo Week 5

COCKTAIL MIX OF THE WEEK I have now finished week five of my chemo. Today they added in the oxaliplatin, an IV drip that ran simoultaniousy with the leucovorin. Of course preceded by the complimetary anti-naseau medicine and an hore d'ouvre of Benedryl (to ward off any possible allergic reaction to the Oxaliplatin). And then I got a lovely dessert of the 5FU at the end.

Next week I only have to have blood work done, no chemo. If I tolerate today's party, and the blood counts are good little party goers and stay where they belong, then on the 16th I will get all the above, but come home with a pump for 44 hours that contains the 5FU. Then if all continues to go well, I will only have to go every other week for my cocktails.

So for today, the party is over. But I got invited to come again!

Sherri

1 comment:

Mandy Mundy said...

You always are the life of the party!

Love you,

Mandy, Jim and Julia