Saturday, May 31, 2008

Relieved and Reprieved - Chemo Day 4


I guess I should actually be calling this Chemo Week 4. This week there were no changes in the chemo. The oncologist wasn't there and she did not want to make any changes unless she was there. So they did not increase the dosage and they did not add in the oxaliplatin. So for this week I got a reprieve. However, on Wednesday I did experience my first bout of naseau. It was only slight, but none-the-less, uncomfortable. I also spent most of Wednesday sleeping, but this is becoming the norm for the day after chemo.

When I left the office Monday, the oncology nurse said, "See you next week, then we will probably add in the oxali." "Yeah", I said. "That's when the party begins." to which she nicely replied with a smile!

The oncology nurses are great, Shannon, Cathy, Tricia and Ruth. Actually, the whole office staff is very nice! They make me feel comfortable and they are genuinely concerned with my welfare.

Anyway, that is week 4.


Time marches on...Sherri

No comments: