Friday, May 23, 2008

I get a B- Chemo week 3


By that I mean I am up to 80% of the chemo drug. The doctor upped me from 60% to 80% due to the fact that I am holding my own and not having major side effects. I have experienced major tiredness and I am still having the burning watery eyes, but that I can live with. All though the tiredness did last longer this week. Of course the lovely rainy weather didn't help spark any energy either! My blood counts are holding and my iron level is coming up, so all is good. I do have to go this morning and have blood counts done again. This is to make sure everything is staying where it should after the increase and also because next week, if all is still well, they want to add in the oxaliplatin.
And that is when things could get exciting!
Sherri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There certainly is a lot going on with that new drug! We'll just continue praying that you will be the ideal patient for it, and there will not be any uncomfortableness because of it. Glad to hear that every thing else is doing as well as it is. Love you.
Pat