
What is "But, You Don't Look Sick"?
You almost feel as if you should apologize for not looking different or sick. I find it interesting that people who haven't seen me are expecting me to somehow look different. That is what happens when you have an invisable disease.
Chemo Day 2
Aside from the rainy, windy miserable day, my second treatment on Monday, 5/12/08, went well. They increased the dosage to 60% and so far I have had no major side effects. It seems that I get tired at the drop of a hat, like a wave coming over me and I have to sleep. The appetite isn't the best and I have been experiencing some light headedness along with some dizziness (no comments, please). But I make myself eat, and the rest comes from having low iron. I am taking iron supplements (750mgs per day) and my red blood cell count is coming up slowly, but is still below normal. The only other side effect which I find to be the most bothersome, is having watery, burning eyes. The doctor looked at me strangely when I mentioned this to her, but it has happened with both treatments. Maybe it is coincidence with allergy season. Time will tell.
So, that is how the 2nd chemo treatment went. Hopefully all future treatments follow the same path.
Sherri
You almost feel as if you should apologize for not looking different or sick. I find it interesting that people who haven't seen me are expecting me to somehow look different. That is what happens when you have an invisable disease.
Chemo Day 2
Aside from the rainy, windy miserable day, my second treatment on Monday, 5/12/08, went well. They increased the dosage to 60% and so far I have had no major side effects. It seems that I get tired at the drop of a hat, like a wave coming over me and I have to sleep. The appetite isn't the best and I have been experiencing some light headedness along with some dizziness (no comments, please). But I make myself eat, and the rest comes from having low iron. I am taking iron supplements (750mgs per day) and my red blood cell count is coming up slowly, but is still below normal. The only other side effect which I find to be the most bothersome, is having watery, burning eyes. The doctor looked at me strangely when I mentioned this to her, but it has happened with both treatments. Maybe it is coincidence with allergy season. Time will tell.
So, that is how the 2nd chemo treatment went. Hopefully all future treatments follow the same path.
Sherri
3 comments:
Sherri, so glad to hear the 2nd treatment wasn't too bad. I'll be praying they all go as well. I do know people who have had relatively easy chemo treatments. Let's hope this is the norm for you.
Love, Pat
HEY MOM,
WE R PRAYING FOR YOU. WE R YOUR SUPPORT!! TAMARA AND JUSTIN SAID TO TELL. YOU HELLO AND THEY LOVE YOU!!! AS DO WE!!!
LOVE, YOUR DAUGHTER N LAW AND SON
P.S. XOXOXO
Sherri,
I've never met you, but have been a long, long, long time friend of Pats.Sorry to hear you have (((c))).It will help to keep the good positive attitude you seem to have. I will be keeping up on your progress via this blog and from Pat. I will be praying for a complete recovery and gentle treatments. PS: I am living in Hong Kong, so this blog came half way around the world!! :)
Rhonda
Post a Comment